Friday 21 June 2013

A hilarious updates of sorts...

So my life is hilariously tumultuous right now. I'm finishing work, moving home for hopefully a short period, and then starting a new glorious life in... something! when I figure out what I'm doing.

Now with all this lack of ground for me to stand on, it leaves the EP in an awkward state of flux. the only way I've been able to record lately is by using someone elses equipment and soon I won't be able to do that. I can't afford to buy my own mics as of right now, and I also don't have a permanent place I can record in any way.

I wanted to invest in some mics before I went home but as I still don't know what I'm doing, and I don't have the space to record at home, I decide to wait on the mic buying front.

this doesn't halt the EP process, though. in fact it means I can change my aim and actually do something different.

a lack of tech doesn't mean I'm not producing material. as it stands I have 4 fully finished songs, one half a song that I'm obsessed with finishing, and one verse that is beautiful but also too depressing to finish. the material I've been writing for this EP has been different from my usual stuff, I feel. in some ways it's in style/format, but for the most part it's just different in content. musically you won't notice much difference, but lyrically it's huge for me. I spent so many years writing songs about being a miserable person who was used to rejection and had no self worth, and although those things are still quite true, I've been through a lot of different kinds of difficulties, and it's really reflecting in my current work. i.e. my songs aren't just about relationships anymore! and I find that really exciting as a song writer. I've written more in the last few months then I have in years and I really have no intention of stopping.

as this transitional time is going to continue, I sort of came up with an idea. I still want to do Disorder, I still want to record something, but I'm thinking of putting my sights a little higher.

I'm thinking of changing Disorder into a full length record. self recorded, self produced, with as much instrumentation as I can cram in before it sounds like hamsters in a tin can. I want to keep writing and exploring this slightly less pathetic approach to my life, and I want to do it properly. hopefully over the next few weeks I can find a new job and me and my wonderful fiance' can find a place to live and set ourselves up for the next short while, and then I can take over a corner and call it my studio and get on with the nitty gritty.

if you don't hear much from me over the next few weeks in regards to musical updates, know that I am still writing.

Thank you for bothering to read this long winded post that sums up that 'disorder will be a full length album now', if you've gotten to this point then I'm A. surprised and B. happy that someone cares that much about my music to bother.

w00t to the future and all it's bleak uncertainty!

No comments:

Post a Comment